Friday, January 27, 2012

What we've been doing...

It's a new year.. time to catch up. We all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years celebration and are happily trudging along with our regular schedules these days. A few things have added to our mayhem...
Pipsqueak or Pip for short has been a welcome addition to our family. He is such a sweet and happy little guy.

In addition to Pip we have added some activities to our weekly routine.  Chloe is now enrolled in gymnastics once a week and is enjoying the jumping, bouncing, flipping and balancing.  Aedan has started back at Soccer academy, and all 3 kids are back in swim lessons. These activities, added to the CCD class on Sunday mornings suck up 4 nights a week. I am lucky to be able to use the gym at the Y during the swim lessons and the gymnastics so that is one benefit to all the running. :)  But boy am I tired by Friday.

We have a few fun things planned like a trip to Baltimore to see the Phillies play and to visit the harbor and aquarium. The kids are almost excited as I am about that trip. I managed to score a couple sets of early tickets to 2 more Phillies games before the single games tickets go on sale so that's a plus.

One of the less fun things we have been dealing with is my Mother's breast cancer diagnosis.  I have a few appointments coming up next week with the breast cancer Dr. and the Medical oncologist to go over her treatment. I'm hoping all my research and subsequent "diagnosis"after reading her pathology report and other papers is wrong and things aren't as bad as I am thinking they are. But as usual, we will get through it as a family, good or bad.

No comments: