Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happiest 5th Birthday to my Chloe Baby



October 14, 2010 - Five years old?? Really ?? Has it been that long since I brought her home on that warm autumn day to see her big brother? Some days I wish she were that baby again especially those days when her mouth and attitude are bigger than they should be. And some days I am happy to keep her right where she is. Helpful, pleasant (most of the time), sweet, and caring. And yet she can be the strongest most stubborn child I have ever met. In some instances this can be an asset. When she uses them to fight me I can't say I truly appreciate it.


She has a quick wit and can laugh right along with us at her own jokes. You can't help but laugh when her whole face lights up and those dimples scream at you. Day after day I look at her and I see myself. I realize those words uttered by my Mother years ago have come to fruition. "I hope you have a child just like you one day." Well I do. She's happy and sweet and funny and cute and I could go on and on. But she is also the instigator. And the tattletale and the town crier and the Mayor. Not sure I was all those things but I think I grew out of them. She has a shriek that can break a window and a whisper that can tickle your cheek. She can look like an angel and when she turns around you see where she hid the horns. She's my Chloe and I wouldn't have her any other way. She certainly makes my life interesting.


Today is the day I wish my princess the best birthday ever. I hope all your dreams come true. So reach for the stars and if you have trouble getting ahold of them drag over the stool or the chair like you do here at home when you can't get to the candy jar. Mommy Loves you Chloe. Happy 5th Birthday.