Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lucky Number 13

September 26th is a couple days away and as usual it causes me to reminisce and reflect on my life so far.  I think about the decisions I've made with and without Jim's input and the results of those decisions. We got married in 1998 but we started dating long before that. We were together for 5 years before we even got married. So even though we are only married 13 years I feel as though we have already grown old together. We are comfortable.  This can be good and bad at times. Sometimes I find we lack the excitement that a relationship needs to thrive and then in the same instant I realize we have too much excitement.. it's just a different kind.

We were talking about something the other night and the topic turned to having only one child.  This lead to a conversation about how money is spent on one child and different activities are different with one child because you have more money to be spent on the activities etc. Jim looked at me and said "Would things be easier if we just had Aedan?"  I looked at him and said "Well yeah.. but then we would just have Aedan."  The conversation stopped dead there.  We can't picture our life differently because it's perfect for us.  It may be hard at times but it's the uphill struggles that makes the downhill butterflies in your stomach all that much better.

So if I had to wonder if 13 really is lucky I would say yes... because I feel lucky. And that is all that matters.

Happy Anniversary to me.. Lucky Number 13.

No comments: