Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Year.. New Teacher .. New ways to work the system..

The boy. Need I say more? To some of you, maybe not. To most I'll have to elaborate. He likes to work the system, aka his parents, teachers and anyone of authority.

Case in point. Day two of the new school year. We are at home that evening and asking the kids how their days went and what they did, etc.  Aedan gets a proud look on his face and says.. "I had my seat moved" .  I immediately went into flip out mode and started spewing questions.. "What did you do? Were you talking? It's day 2 for crying out loud !" and so on and so forth. He goes on to say that he asked to be moved because Girl #1 and boy #1 were talking too much and he didn't want to be in trouble. And Mrs. H moved him to the group of tables that sat his best buddy C.  Let the eye rolls commence. I doubted him of course as is my job after years of experience. He assured me that he was telling the truth. I said, "well good for you but if I find out you're goofing off with C then you're done and you'll regret it". That was a week ago.

Fast forward to tonight. Back to School night. A lovely evening out where parents race to school after work and feeding the kids on the fly to meet the teachers and find out what they are gonna teach your kids this year.  We get there and meet his teacher Mrs. H who is 9.75 months pregnant and ready to go so we also get to meet Ms. C who is on call to take her place at a day's notice. Both very nice ladies.  Get to talking and I warn her about the seating arrangements and how Aedan and C are best buds.  And I relay how the seating arrangement came to fruition. "yeah he's a little chatty" oh...But wait.. she gets a bit wide eyed and chuckles... we tell her Aedan's version of the story and she CORRECTS it for us. Aedan was moved because he was yappin' it up with his friends at the other table.  So I tell her she'll need to keep a close watch on him.. and I relay the same message to the sub. He thinks he is so smart... and he would have gotten away with it had we missed that darn meeting...

Watch that boy.. he's an evil genius. And he's always scheming.

No comments: