Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holidays my patootie

If you know me at all IRL then you will know I am not one to give into political correctness. I hate being PC in order to spare someone's feelings. "Man up" and deal. So at this time of year I especially get a bit riled. All the Happy Holidays crap bugs the shit outta me. Say Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukah or whatever that person happens to celebrate. I sent out cards in December and as most of you know they are CHRISTMAS cards. Not holiday cards. I'm still pissed at myself for getting ones that said "Happy Holidays" in them but in my defense.. they were the only ones I found that were red & green and could be a portrait or landscape picture. So I made it a point to handwrite "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" in all 95 cards.

I have recently come to the conclusion that people who say "Happy Holidays" are just lazy. They don't feel like saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year or "Happy Hanukah and Happy New Year" or whatever that person happens to be celebrating. Now don't all you happy holiday-ers get your panties in a bunch and call me out or come to my house with torches. I say what I feel and if you don't like it you are more than welcome to tell me how you feel. I promise I won't get all PC on you and be offended with a gasp.

So in closing today.. I just want to say ..
Happy Hanukah, Happy Ramadan, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Christmas and A happy and joyful New Year to everyone .. no matter how you celebrate. :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

LMAO! I know what you mean about the overly PC world in which we live. I say "Merry Christmas" to my Christian/secular friends, "Happy Hannukah" to my Jewish friends and "Happy Holidays" to strangers rather than risk being offensive.