Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Brother

Yeah. After 7 years of daily internet surfing and nesting in certain websites I have been cut off. I knew the server installed last year would eventually F up my lifestyle. So, instead of my daily refuge at the Baby Corner or Facebook, I am forced to actually work while here in the office from 8-4. You can bet your ass I will not be working past 4 anymore. Sorry. I need a break from this place on occasion and after 16 years of dedicated work I got slammed. So I will put in my time but I will not give any more of my time.

The days of checking in on old friends, making new ones and just keeping in touch with best friends that I have never had the pleasure of meeting in person are over. Left to be done at night or on weekends. For some instant messaging helps, but it's not the same. I will miss the support I get from my online friends. It truly helps. Like when I was trying to get pregnant, after my Miscarriage, when I finally gave birth. etc. All my ups and downs for the past 7 years. I shared with my friends in cyber space. Or more recently my husband's bout with appendicitis and salmonella poisoning.

Anyway, I will continue to blog here and try and keep in touch outside of work hours but it will never be to the extent I used to be in touch.

CURSE YOU BIG BROTHER!

1 comment:

SoCal_Me said...

Hey Bethann, I used to post on TBC, under my name, Susie. I was just there posting a 'Hello', saw a link to someone's blog that you're a follower on. Nice to 'see' you and hope you're well. Do you mind a new reader? :)