Friday, November 20, 2009

Ho Ho Ho and all that stuff

We are in full swing preparing for Christmas. The outside decorations are up much to the dismay of certain neighbors. Not lit mind you but up all the same. Our house could compete with the Griswalds if I don't pull in the reigns and nix alot of Sparky's wishes. But I digress.

I have started shopping, check that, I have BEEN shopping.. I started in October. I am just about done all 3 kids and only have stocking stuffers to buy. But I now realize why some people are still shopping a couple days prior to the 25th. My kids keep seeing things they want. So where does one draw the line? Do you give the child a cutoff date for their requests. Like "Sorry buddy.. you didn't ask for that before such and such date so you can't have it". But then you have to factor the Jolly man in red into the equation. They think if they ask Santa it shall be. So we have to pull the "well Santa knows that I said no so he won't bring it even if you ask". Of course this is only if they actually SIT on his lap and ask. Chloe "claims" she sat on Santa's lap at day care last week.. I'll believe it when I see it. She hasn't sat calmly on the big man's lap since she was a new born. Alexa will most likely be the jumper this year. Aedan will only sit because he thinks he won't get a darn thing without addressing Santa directly. Thins brings me to a complaint. Santa is already at our mall. Can't these money hungry malls hold off to at least Black Friday to bring him in ??

We are going to meet a new puppy tomorrow morning. God help me yes I would love a dog. The clincher is Chloe. She runs from the 8 week old pomeranian next door. So I told the breeder everything is contingent on Chloe being calm and enjoying the dog's presence. If she bolts then we go to pet plan #2 which is a guinea pig or hamsters. She really wants hamsters or the GP and is not so crazy about the puppy idea. so I guess we'll see.

Tonite we clean the living room and move furniture so Sparky can put the tree up. We'll decorate etc over the next week or so. We need to do it in phases now that we have 3 little ones to tend to.

We aren't trying to skip Thanksgiving but we need to find the time for everything in between the regular running and all the extras like b-day parties etc.

Now.. if I could have a helicopter that could fly me to the 4 different golf courses to get Jim's presents I'd be in heaven.. but since I don't I'll have to fit those trips in too..

No comments: