Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Psychotic Break or Lightbulb Moment?

It all started last night when I got the Christmas present from Aedan that he made for Jim and I at school. It is a ceramic bread warmer. Complete with a snowman and his name carved into it. He was so excited to show me and tell me how they made it and that "it's ceramic Mom so if you drop it it will break". If that wasn't the most wonderful thing I've ever received I don't know what will be. But then I go into his tote and pull the folder and a bunch of papers out. I find a Christmas card he made for us. A perfectly beautiful Christmas tree painted on the front complete with colored balls and a yellow star at the top. I open it up and the message inside is in his print. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Mom and Dad. Love, Aedan. The tears start flowing and I gush over it to him and how wonderful it is. Then I gush some more when I see the handmade gift bag the bread warmer was in. Apparently it doesn't take much to make me happy when it comes to my kids.

The psychotic break may have come this morning. I'm driving with the girls and listening to Christmas music on B101. The Boss comes on with Santa Claus is coming to town. So I'm singing out loud. Telling Chloe that this is one of my favorites renditions of that song blah blah. Then my mind starts racing and I'm thinking how blessed I am and that it's Christmas and I start bawling. Bawling and singing along with Bruce and wiping tears. And then I laugh at myself.. thinking this used to only happen when I was pregnant. So the song finishes and I recover. Then about 15 minutes later Whitney Houston comes on with "Do you hear what I hear?" and the floodgates open up again.

So either I'm just getting really sentimental in my old age or else I need some serious mood altering drugs.. Hoping it's not the latter.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!!

No comments: