Friday, October 2, 2009

Finallly I'm in the Know

Our school district is 1/2 day kindergarten. The reasoning flying around for it not being all day were 1. Too many Stay at Home Moms, 2. Not enough teachers, 3. Not enough room and 4. Not enough money.

I finally got the dirt this morning and it's even more disappointing than the reasons listed. Seems we are not a Title 1 school. Which in layman's terms means we don't have alot of kids getting free lunch. And we are not "Established" which means we don't have enough money coming in.

Don't get me wrong. I don't desire to be a Title 1 school. I'd much rather have the "Established" classification.

Either way, because of our status, we may not even be full day come 2011 when my Chloe starts Kindergarten which is what we were hoping for. If I didn't work 40 hours a week with about 8-10 hours of commuting to said job I may not be as keen for the all day K. But my status being as it is, that's what "I" need.

It all comes back the same old mantra.. I need to hit the lottery.

No comments: