Friday, October 16, 2009

Parenting 101 - F

I've failed. At least that is how it feels to me. I suppose I am more embarrassed than anything. My child was not raised to disrespect anyone or disrupt the class when he should be learning.

I received an email from Aedan's Kindergarten teacher today. Phrases like "class clown" and "incredible persistence after being asked to stop twice" stand out from the 3 paragraph email describing my eldest child's behavior. According to her this is not the first time it has happened but the instances before have been miniscule and this is actually a *last straw* type email. She's hoping that bringing this to our attention now will straighten him out. Truthfully.. knowing him, I doubt it. My boy can be incredibly stubborn when he wants to be. An unfortunate character flaw he inherited from his Mother.

If it was just him goofing off I'd take it less seriously but because he is disrupting the rest of the class with his shenanigans we've had to pull out the big guns.

No DSLite for his birthday unless we see a significant improvement in the next 4 weeks. And when /if it happens again he doesn't get to go to the library with his class. I think the lack if Library will really kill him. He looked truly upset when I told him that was the consequence the next time he steps out of line.

If this doesn't work we may have to look into reform schools for grades 1 thru 8.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I hope the lack o' library does the trick!