Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Chloe Margaret..

It's amazing ... my Middle Child is 3 years old today. I can remember going for the ultrasound and the tech saying that she is 99.9% sure it's a girl. Aedan and Jim looking on.. mesmerized by the little person flipping around in there. I wasn't believing the gender prediction until she came out without a penis. It was all new to me.. we never found out with Aedan so he was a surprise. So when the tech said "girl" for some reason I just couldn't bank on it. I still bought girly stuff and saved the receipts just in case, because those stories about babies coming out the opposite of what the tech said were always in the back of my mind. So when Dr. Murphy pulled her out and said it's a girl I was ecstatic. Girl stuff is just so much more fun in terms of shopping.

She is the polar opposite of Aedan. She is stubborn and opinionated. Independent and clingy all at the same time. And boy she has that Irish temper. She can try your patience and melt your heart in a matter of seconds. When she is angry everyone knows it but when she is happy she can light up a room. She is far more advanced than Aedan at her age. And I tend to handle her as if she were older. I have been reminding myself that she is only 2 and I should not expect the same behavior from her as I do Aedan. She is supposed to spill her drinks, get marker all over herself and the table, drop crumbs EVERYWHERE and be a tornado in general.

Her blonde hair with curls, her green eyes, her dimples and that devilish smile make you fall in love over and over. She can tell you a story with her eyes and you have to laugh most of the time and sometimes you ask yourself what she is up to.



Chloe is your typical girly-girl. My Mom and Step-Mom were hoping for a girly-girl when she was born. My niece loathes anything pink or princessy.. so they are in heaven with Chloe these days. Dress up, jewelry, her collection of "pocka-purses", dress up heels and countless other tiny accessories clutter her corner of my living room. But most days recently if you can't see her she is at the kitchen table coloring and drawing. Crayons and a coloring book can keep that child busy for hours on end. She gets that from me. :) We spent 2 nights away this past weekend and when we were in the room all she did was use the complimentary pen and notepad to draw. That notepad was full front to back, both sides of the paper. By Monday morning she had resorted to drawing on the newspaper ads. :)

I'm trying to raise her to believe she can do whatever and be whatever she dreams. I hope she knows that whatever she decides is OK with me.. go to college, get married and have babies, work or stay home. It's her choice and the world is her oyster. But for now I'm happy to tuck her in at bedtime, carry her when she's tired, and scrub the marker off her hands and face multiple times a day. Just as long as she doesn't grow up too quickly. :) Happy Happy Birthday Miss Moo. Daddy and I love you.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Awww, so sweet! Happy birthday, beautiful Chloe.