Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's Party Time

Well not quite yet but the plans are well underway. We go all out for the 1st birthday. Not sure exactly why but hey.. it's a tradition so that's the way it is. :) It's an afternoon Saturday party and we'll have snacks, dinner, cake & dessert. A face painter, pinata & alcohol. What more could you ask for at a party? Oh.. a bonus.. the clubhouse (behind my house) that we rent has an outside playground so all the kids are out there for 90% of the the party. Which keeps the inside from being too overcrowded and loud.

I had a hard time trying to figure out what to get miss Alexa for her 1st birthday. We have all the cool things a 1 year old would like thanks to the older kids. So I decided on a smaller toy and a nice pair of earrings since she was pierced a few months back. But the party is a major gift since there will be close to 80 people there.

I still have to order some of the food.. do some more shopping and a couple more errands.. The majority of the running happens that day.. balloons cake, rolls etc to pick up..

We have her 1 year pictures this weekend along with Daddy's Birthday celebration. So I won't be able to run too much.

And once her party is over I have a bunch of Easter Bunny running still to do. I'm usually very good with this and done everything a couple weeks in advance.. but this year I'm behind. I've come to the realization that I am behind on EVERYTHING lately. I suppose that comes with 3 kids, a full time job and a house to run but that's no excuse.. I need to catch up so I can remain organized. I need organization to stay sane.

Note to self: Pull out party folder, tax folder and easter list out to go over things and update all the info.

No comments: