Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Damn new fangled technology

Why can't you just leave well enough alone and not cater to the lazy ass people in this world?? It would make my life a little bit easier. Automatic sliding doors. Why ?? Because you can't simply pull the damn thing open ?? OK I'll admit hitting the button and having the kids get in while I'm dragging my own butt to the car along with the baby and all the bags etc. is nice.. but technically not necessary. I would have been just as happy with manual doors. Then I wouldn't be dealing with the issues I am dealing with. Murphy's Law.. if something CAN go wrong it usually will. Seems to be my life.. must have something to do with the MURPHY blood running through my veins. After having the van for only 4 months the darn slider doesn't shut if moisture builds up and it's raining. At first we figured it was a fluke.. learned quickly that it is not a fluke. So of course it only happens when it is wet and/or raining. Then I have to stand there opening and shutting multiple times before it finally latches.. Not fun. because it is usually raining. The 1st 2 times I took it in they could not duplicate the problem. The 3rd time, in January I had it in after a day and a half they called Honda and followed instructions for adjusting the latch and it was fixed. We thought.. Fast forward to last week.. rainy Wednesday ... does not close.. the kids are getting wet and so am I while opening and shutting for 10 minutes.. thus making my trek to work start later than it should. In yesterday for service., had it all day . can't find a problem and it's working properly according to them. perfect. Oh and they don't supply loaner cars so I had to pay for a rental so I wouldn't miss work. I thought american cars were the ones that should break?? This is my 1st foreign car and so far it sucks.

1 comment:

Christy said...

What a bummer!!! I love my automatic sliding doors. Wish I had the trunk version, too.