Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Girl


Tomorrow you will be 1 year old. Aaahhh..how time flies. It seems only yesterday I was finding out I was pregnant.. a surprise I might add.. BIG surprise. :) Who'da thunk it?? It was a relatively uneventful pregnancy up until the end. The delivery was quick and painless. I can actually say I enjoyed your birth. Dr. Murphy says.. here's the spinal .. and shortly thereafter "It's a girl!!". A new pretty baby with dark hair and chubby cheeks. :) 8 pounds and 9 ounces born at 11:11 am. Such a joyful day! I got to take a peak and give you a few kisses before you were wisked away and I was cleaned up. A little while later I had you in my arms all snuggly like a little burrito baby. :) You waited about 8 hours before eating.. I had never experienced that. I got a bit worried but everyone assured me you'd eat when you wanted. I hope it wasn't foreshadwoing of future meal arguments like those we have with your sister these days. I sent you to the nursery around 10 and you were back with me by 11 and stayed the night. I enjoyed the evening hours just snuggling with you in the hospital bed all by our lonesome because I knew it would be awhile before we'd get quiet snuggly time again. You are a happy baby (as long as there are no teeth cutting) and everyone loves your sweet disposition. You are a little love and I could kiss your face all day long and listen to your belly laughs every second of every day. I love you my sweet baby. And I pray that you get as much joy and love in your life as you have already given me in 1 short year. Happy Birthday Baby Alexa Paige.. Mommy and Daddy love you very much.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. She is the spitting image of you in that picture!