Friday, April 10, 2009

The Queen's New Clothes

no .. not the emporer... there's none of that .. believe me no one wants to see that these days.

I was just sitting here lapsing into a butter cookie induced coma and I realized.. most of my wardrobe is simply thrown together anymore. I mean I used to get a new outfit or at least have a nice slightly used one for each and every holiday. Now It seems I look through my closet the night before and pray I have something decent to wear. I made it a point to get a new dress for #3's christening.. and I have worn that dress a couple times since.. and now again for Easter. I will most likely wear a couple more times before it gets retired to the back of the closet. I just find this funny because I make it a point to make sure the children are dressed impeccably for every holiday and event. Maybe it's because I'm not too keen on how I look since giving birth. That 3rd C-section did a number on my stomach/abs. I suppose there is only a few times you can pull apart the muscles in a 4 year period before they don't go back the way they should. oh well.. So I only get myself odds and ends as far as clothing goes.. and it's usually jeans and t-shirts. I don't have to dress up for work and my weekends are usually spent in sweats and T's. So the need for fancy stuff is almost nil. Now I'm just happy to have something that isn't too short-waisted or too tight in the butt. I guess that's all I can hope for .

No comments: