Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feeling something

I'm not exactly sure what I feel. Empty? no. Not complete? no. I'm not sure.. But I feel something everyday after I leave Aedan at his day care center and hit the road with the girls to their day care. I miss him. I guess I am so used to having him with me for that hour from home to school. He's only 2 minutes from home now so the car ride is quick.

As much As I wonder what he's doing and I miss him he still puts me over the edge within 5 minutes of seeing him. Must be because he's also a scorpio.. he knows exactly what will get me riled up and he just keeps at it til I flip out.

Why is irritating your Mother so much fun ? Well I take that back because sometimes I really enjoy irritating my own mother.

Anyway.. I feel something.. not sure if it's glee, remorse or loneliness now that the boy is not in the car with me for 2 hours.. I'll have to get back when I figure it out.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Awww, that made me sad and I know what you mean. Motherhood is nothing if not one big contradiction. We can't wait for some peace and quiet but then 5 minutes after they are away from us, we miss our little buddies. It's crazy, isn't it?

I hope he is loving his new surroundings. I know that will go a long way towards making you feel good about your new normal.

jackie said...

I understand. I am so used to having Joey with almost ALL the time! He has been around the longest, so I think it is a bit of empty nesting! When I am not with the boys I miss them & wonder what they are doing. But just like you within 5 minutes i wish I was alone! Those boys know just what to do to make me psycho! Funny b/c I dont know that to do when I am alone!!!! I am so used to them being there!