Friday, May 15, 2009

No Expiration Date

I must say whomever put into effect the policy of gift cards not expiring is a genius and I am thankful. When I gave birth to Chloe in 2005 my hubby gave me a $200 gift card for the spa where I frequented. Now by "frequented" I mean to say showed up every couple months for a pedicure. I have never had anything other than a spa pedicure at said spa. After having Chloe and eventually Alexa I really have trouble finding time to get there. Not to mention the fact that I need a couple weeks in advance to call in the appointment. I decide that I need a pedicure to rehab my feet from the winter and the last couple weeks in flip flops. They are dry and just not nice. Plus.. I could use a bit of quiet *me* time while someone treats my feet and calves so luxuriously that it takes over an hour for a pedicure. Now.. back to the gift card. Because I haven't been there enough I still have $50 left to spend and a pedicure costs $50. So that tells you.. I've been there 3 times since 2005 . I've seriously neglected my poor tootsies.. So I called yesterday and scheduled the pedi and asked about the gift card since it technically is like 3 1/2 years old. "It's fine they don't expire". Yay for me. So I go in 2 weeks and I can't wait ! Thank goodness that card isn't expired or else I'd have to actually shell out the $$ for my *me* time. I need to figure out how to get some more mad $$ to squirrel away so I can go again in a month. :)

No comments: